Creating a centralized location for organizational knowledge and everyday information provides assurance that your entire organization is on the same page. Likewise, growing that centralized location into a process and work flow tool can create efficiencies that most folks have only seen in the self-checkout line at the grocery store.
– Joe Marcallini, Vice President of Internet Strategy
Leveraging framework for intranet development
Implementing an intranet system for your organization can provide a highly-accessible, web-based knowledge management in business. When implemented correctly, it can quickly create standardization and collaboration that is usually relegated to overstuffed email inboxes.
It's crucial to leverage an existing knowledge management system built around the idea that different individuals within your organization can access specific areas of information. Ideally, this type of knowledge management in business provides the opportunity to create a single sign-on experience leveraging other tools within the organization or within your internal network's Active Directory configuration.
Common Intranet system applications
While there are numerous different applications out there, the most common intranet systems include:
- Company Announcements
- Company Calendar
- Company Directory
- Discussion Forums
- Document Management Systems (DMS)
- Knowledge Management Systems (KMS)
- Illustration/Photography Repository
- Paid Time Off Information
- Portal or Dashboard Elements and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Video Repository
- Work Flow Tools
Solutions for Knowledge Management In Business
Consider reducing email volume and creating an efficient knowledge management system that facilitates collaboration while also creating a searchable history of problems and solutions for use by your entire staff.
St. Louis based agency, SteadyRain, has focused our efforts in the distinct framework within the intranet system area, DotNetNuke
, to create a holistic knowledge management system.
Open-Source Portal Installation & Configuration
- No Proprietary Licensing Fees
- Oftentimes Can Co-Exist with a Marketing Website or Extranet
- Permissions-Based Document and Image Storage
- Advanced Permissions-Based Security for Entire Sections, Pages, or Portions of a Page
- Module-Based Structure to Expand the Features of the Framework
Begin with a knowledge management system that works. Contact SteadyRain today for intranet system development and begin to increase efficiency with internal communication while decreasing email volume.