You have created an e-commerce website, but your products aren’t reaching their target audience. Even worse, when you search for your own products through Google they are not on the front page to be seen, let alone converted upon. It seems like you are standing atop a mountain screaming “is there anyone out there?”
If this is the case, it may be time to implement a pay-per-click (PPC) strategy through Google Adwords to boost your business to the front of Google’s search results. You may wonder, Does Adwords work? You have great content on your website and a great product line, so why is it so hard to attract and keep new online customers?
Go back to the mountain you were just on and imagine Adwords as a flare shooting into the sky, alerting potential customers that you do, in fact, exist.
What is Adwords and Why Should Your Company Think About Using It?
Adwords is an effective online advertising service designed to help boost your traffic and sales quickly and efficiently — if you know how to use it effectively.
You may be hesitant to utilize PPC as a marketing channel because of the first P: Pay. One of the biggest advantages to using Adwords is that you only pay when people interact with your ad. Google has more than 1 billion unique users in a given month, so the chances of somebody wanting to know more about your products and services are pretty good. You want to get your product in front of as many eyes as you can. With effective ad writing and click-worthy content Adwords offers plenty of opportunities no matter how big or small your business is. How to use Adwords is completely up to you.
Still hesitant? Below are a few more reasons why you should consider making PPC part of your marketing plan in 2014.
How Does Adwords Work For You?
- You Control Your Investment - You have the power to decide what to spend monthly, and will never be charged more than what you specify. There is no minimum spending commitment.
- There Is Potential for a High Return on Investment (ROI) -Every time someone clicks on your ad, you pay Google. Unlike some forms of advertising, you aren’t paying to be seen, stared at and thrown away. You are only paying when someone takes action on your ad.
- Location Targeting – You own a local coffee shop in St. Louis. Chances are, running a PPC ad with a national reach using keywords such as coffee shop, quality roasted coffee, and affordable coffee, etc. is not a good idea. Your target audience is almost completely local, and keywords for a national campaign in a competitive market would be extremely expensive and counterproductive. Adwords allows you to target customers in a specific geographical area, in the markets you choose.
- Transparent and Effective Reporting – How effective is Adwords for your business?The Adwords platform contains a plethora of reporting options to see how many new customers are connecting to your business through your ad, where they are coming from, how much each click costs, and more. If you find out one of your campaigns isn’t doing as well as you would like, it is easy to pause, edit or delete the campaign.
- Reach People Who Are Looking For You – The greatest thing about PPC is your target audience is actively looking for your services. Because of this, these people are more likely to take action on your ad. Let’s say somebody searches for “coffee shop” on Google, and your ad pops up. They didn’t know you existed but really want some coffee and are open to trying new things. 10 minutes later, you have a sale. An effective Adwords campaign will drive traffic to your website, increase awareness and convert sales.
So, You Made the Decision to Utilize PPC. Now How Do You Run an Effective Adwords Campaign?
After creating an Adwords account, be creative. Find what speaks to your customers. Write compelling ad copy, select relevant keywords, create multiple campaigns and drive conversion ready traffic. Don’t be afraid to find out what works and what doesn’t. It’s OK to experiment.
While customers may not be able to hear you from atop that mountain, it is important to remember your audience is out there eager to use your products and services. Just as you weren’t afraid to climb that hill in an effort to find business, you shouldn’t fear PPC advertising. It may just be the missing component to that successful marketing plan you have been after all along.
Need help launching your PPC campaign? Want to bring more clicks and added value to your website? We are an Adwords Certified Partner ready to help. Contact SteadyRain’s Online Marketing Experts to learn more.