User interface (UI) design refers to the visual elements of a website, mobile app or software. Often confused with user experience design, which describes how these components work together to create an experience for a website visitor, user interface concerns physical website features.
Examples of visual elements included under user interface are:
- Input controls: checkboxes, list boxes, buttons
- Navigational/informational components: slider, tags, icons, progress bar, message boxes, modal windows
- Containers & accordions
Benefits of a Seamless User Interface Design
Once familiar with a website interface, users are more easily able to take actions such as completing a form, sending messages, or completing a desired task. Benefits of having well-developed UI design are:
- Guiding users to complete actions or tasks smoothly and efficiently via interactive elements
- Ensuring the transference of a brand’s visual assets
- Enhancing the user’s overall experience and satisfaction with the product
User Interface Design Process
At SteadyRain, our UI design philosophy focuses on target audience engagement while making sure the product interface provides a consistent brand image. The UI design process includes the following steps:
- Understand the client’s business goals. SteadyRain’s team of strategists and designers meet with clients for an accurate understanding of your business objectives.
- Understand target users’ goals, skills, preferences, and tendencies.
- Develop a UI design strategy. Once the ideal product user is properly understood, our team can begin to strategize engaging user interface design to help clients gain a competitive edge in the marketplace. This crucial step takes place before website development begins to save clients on redesign costs and valuable time while keeping the project within its planned scope.
Fancy buttons are worthless if they don’t engage the right visitors. Contact SteadyRain today to grow your business by connecting with your target audiences.
Other UI/UX Design Services